We are always looking for passionate and qualified people to join our team. Below are positions that are currently open. Even if we don't have any openings we'd love to hear from you. Send your cover letter, resume to us and make sure to let us know why you think you would be a great fit.
- Full time & Part Time Customer Service/Product Specialist
- Inventory Control Clerk
Please review the full posting to confirm availability needed, skill requirements and applying process.
Full & Part Time Customer Service/Product Specialists.
As one of the faces of Baby Laurel & Co, our Retail Customer Service/Product Specialist is the first point of contact with our customers and sets the stage for the kind of experience a customer can expect from us. Our purpose as a company is to help parents find joy in parenting everyday by creating fun and stress free shopping experiences. On our retail team you are at the forefront of creating exceptional experiences for parents. You will spend your time helping customers, learning about products, and helping our store run smoothly.
What’s Expected of our Team Members
Service that goes above and beyond the expectation of the customer, as well as providing parents with education and resources throughout their parenting journey are at the core of who we are at Baby Laurel & Co. Retail associates will be involved in a 2 week training program and are expected to utilize the expertise gained to actively aid parents in product decisions and create a positive shopping experience. Duties will also include ringing out customers at the till and assisting customers over the phone and through email.
We love to work with other people who are outwardly positive, friendly, and outgoing and are constantly looking to grow and improve. We need team members who:
- Generally love to learn, especially researching baby gear.
- Actively sets goals and pushes themselves outside their comfort level to learn & grow.
- Is a team player.
- Is a problem solver, has the ability to think critically and apply policies and procedures consistently and complete tasks as trained.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of the position and tasks assigned to them. Self-starter.
- Believes in being prepared for their shift every day.
- Has a strong ability to learn, retain and share knowledge with others.
- Loves social media and knows how to create reels and videos. Has a strong comfort with being in front of the camera.
- Takes initiative, is observant. Are you someone who sees and thinks big picture.
- Strives to maintain a positive attitude and likes to be around and engage with others.
- Is an exceptional listener, can stay focused and is detail oriented
- Take responsibility and ownership of their job.
- Takes pride in doing a job well
- Is willing to help where needed, whether it’s customer service or cleaning a bathroom.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Service in-person, phone and email.
- POS Transactions for customers (sales, inventory lookups, new customer set up, placing special orders)
- Product expert: Assist customers in finding the best product to meet their needs. Includes being able to discuss features and benefits, product comparison, product demo's, helping to put gifts together.
- Receiving store shipments and stock replenishment
- Maintaining cleanliness of the store & back areas (bathrooms, kitchen area, sales floor, displays, backrooms)
- Assist with the merchandising & appearance of the store.
- Participating in setting daily game plans with a team to reach daily goals and complete daily tasks
- Completing online orders for pickup, delivery and shipping
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to work on their feet for a 6-8hr shift
- Ability to climb ladders, lift up to 50lbs, physical ability to help customers out with their purchases.
- Comfort and above average skill with computers and software. Including but not limited MAC computers, PC's, Microsoft Office, and email programs.
With minimum hour requirements and time worked, our staff enjoy
- Employee discounts
- Paid vacation time
- Wellness program and other employee benefit options
- Parking Allowance
- Growth and advancement opportunities.
Full time position: 37.5+ hours per week , open availability 5 shifts per week Tuesday to Saturday 9:30-5pm. Position will utilize rotational shifts which will also include 2-3 Saturday shifts per month.
This is a permanent position for immediate availability
Part time position: Minimum 2 shifts during the week and min 2 Saturdays per month. (Minimum 15-20hrs per week). Availability during store hours Tuesday to Saturday 9:30-5pm. There are no scheduled shifts in the evenings and or on Sunday or Mondays for part time staff. Immediate openings available.
If you feel you would be a great fit please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com letting us know details of your experience, availability, a bit about yourself and how you are a great fit. We thank everyone for applying however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
2) Inventory Control Clerk
We are searching for a highly detailed, organized and business oriented individual to join our team as Inventory Control Clerk.
The Inventory Control Clerk is a full time, permanent position within the physical location of our store, candidate will need to have open availability between Monday to Friday 9:30am-5pm with an immediate start date (28-35hrs a week). Additional hours may be required depending on store needs and peak season volume. For the right candidate there may be some work from home opportunities. Pay range is dependent on level of skill and experience.
The Inventory Control Clerk is responsible for the input, analysis, accuracy and organization of the ordering, receiving & database maintenance within our organization. This position is integral to the continued growth of our business and responsible for the accuracy of information in our point of sale and online database for the education of our staff, customers buying decisions, and maintaining gross margins and meeting financial targets.
The Inventory Control Clerk will report directly to upper management and will participate in the growth and success of the department. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to participate in streamlining our inventory process and have the experience and knowledge to contribute to and execute action plans.
The ideal candidate will possess the following personality traits and skills.
- Completion of High School Diploma.
- 2+ years in a warehouse/inventory control position with proven ability of managing the ordering, receiving and warehouse organization process. Strong knowledge and understanding of the buying process; purchase orders, average costing principals, warehouse organization and inventory counting.
- Strong math and reading skills to calculate and confirm accuracy of product costing, gross margins and appropriate retail pricing.
- Strong overall computer knowledge, working in all basic MAC and PC applications including but not limited to Microsoft office, MAC and PC operating systems and executing short cuts. Experience using back end e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Woocomerce are an asset.
- You are a go-getter, have a can do attitude and like to take initiative. You thrive under pressure and enjoy the challenge and success with meeting deadlines. You possess a strong work ethic, are successful in working independently, always creating new goals, and striving to push your boundaries to learn and achieve more.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage the accurate processing of purchase orders, tracking shipments, receiving stock, investigating problems, and PO filing.
- Strong communication skills to participate in morning inventory recap meetings with management. To communicate purchase order status, problems, recommendations and to confirm management of deadlines and targets.
- Effective problem solving skills to analysis purchase orders for accuracy, identify costing and pricing errors.
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory safe guarding principals and the ability to adhere to existing safeguarding policies and or contribute to executing new policies.
- Physically capable of lifting and moving boxes approximately 30+ pounds, climbing ladders, bending, and moving efficiently throughout our space.
- You are a generally positive and energetic personality that engages with other team members, is committed to the goals of our organization through preparedness, focus, excellence and offering parents a fun and enjoyable place to shop.
- You are excited to work for a small business, have a love and passion for baby gear, becoming an integral part of the success and growth of a small team and being a dependable team member.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the flow of inventory purchases through prioritizing purchase order creation, inventory receiving, tagging, storing and online execution to meet turnaround targets and launch deadlines.
- Accurately calculate inventory costs based on internal costing policies and procedures.
- Accurate and timely product creation per internal policies and procedures to ensure consistent information between internal point of sale and online platforms.
- E-commerce product maintenance: Ensuring all products are properly categorized, have proper descriptions, images and content for our e-commerce business.
- Accurately receiving stock within our internal turnaround standards, which includes unpacking, hanging, folding, steaming, tagging product, storing excess and putting out on the floor.
- Maintaining a clean and organized stock room for easy and efficient flow of stock and to meet any fire code regulations.
- Communicating and working closely with management to ensure the flow of stock is managed at all times.
- Communicating with vendors to obtain details necessary to create and maintain stock, including product images, descriptions, pricing, invoice errors and shipping shortages.
- Timely and accurate filling of documentation/paperwork for accurate bookkeeping requirements
- Completing partial inventory counts
- Moving offsite inventory if necessary
- Loading up large purchases into customers vehicles that are occurring from our loading doors.
Baby Laurel & Co offers the following
- Employee discounts
- Various employee benefit programs.
- Advancement and growth opportunities.
- Competitive industry wages.
We are so excited to bring on an amazing person to fill this important role. If you think you are that right person we ask all interested applicants to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including why you want to work for us and why you are a great fit. Only applicants submitting a cover letter will be reviewed. Applying deadline is March 1st.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.